Skin Conditions that Can Be Addressed with The Help of A Dermatologist
Every day, patients from Houston, Texas, and surrounding areas deal with red, itchy, and otherwise problematic skin. Although most of these are common skin conditions, there are some that are more uncommon and should not be missed. Whether you have an unusual rash or are looking for ways to manage common skin ailments like eczema and psoriasis, you can trust our team at Houston Dermatology Associates.
What are the more common skin concerns and diseases seen at a dermatology practice?
At Houston Dermatology Associates, we have seen patients presenting with a wide range of skin issues over the years. Below are just some of the more common conditions seen in patients in our practice.:
- Acne. As one of the most common skin conditions, acne is characterized by pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads that can appear on the neck, face, chest, back, and shoulders. While acne is typically seen in teenagers and young adults, it can occur at any age.
- Eczema. A chronic condition that usually results in dry, itchy skin, eczema can be a frustrating issue to deal with. While there is no cure at the moment for patients who struggle with eczema, there are several treatments available that can help to manage the symptoms and flares.
- Psoriasis. Another chronic skin disorder, psoriasis, causes patches of thickened, red skin with silver scales. Psoriasis occurs on any part of the body but is most commonly seen on the scalp, knees, and elbows.
- Rosacea. As a condition that causes redness and visible blood vessels in the face, rosacea can also lead to bumps and pimples. Rosacea typically affects middle-aged adults, and women are more likely to be affected than men.
- Skin cancers are the most common cancer in the US and worldwide, most often caused by the sun’s harmful UV light and using indoor UV tanning beds. These growths can present in many different ways- scaly patches, open sores, or growing bumps, most commonly on the sun exposed surfaces of the skin.
While these are some of the more common skin concerns seen by dermatologists, there are many other conditions that should be addressed. If you have questions about your skin, hair or nails, make an appointment to see our board-certified dermatologists for an evaluation.
Request an appointment with our team at Houston Dermatology Associates today
Call (713) 790-0058 to schedule an evaluation with our board-certified dermatologists at Houston Dermatology Associates to get answers about your skin, hair and nail questions or to address your cosmetic concerns.